January 04, 2008

The Pen Evades Me

What is with a pen? Its so obscure, something so small.. so timid, so humble.. and yet so deceitful and Machiavellian. It evades us all. It doesn't care whether its cheap or expensive. It doesn't even care whether its urgently needed.

I hate you pen. I hate you.

Ever noticed how we can never find a pen when we need one? I take only pen to school. Why? I dunno. I'm just too lazy.

So this companionless pen decided to suddenly give in one day. Without any warning (I could still see the ink on the sides, but it decided to stay there). So I go around asking people for a pen.. hoping they have an extra one. LIKE HELL THEY DO!!

Turns out in the whole class of 60+ students, not one. NOT ONE of them had a pen!! An EXTRA pen. Either that or they all suddenly decided to hate me.

So I slug out the day with a pencil.

I come home, and voila, no pen at home either. How could we have no pen at home? Dunno..

I had then to go out and buy one. Something I should've done long ago.

I now guard that pen with my life. Its mightier than any sword I've seen. (... and I've not seen any swords, up-close, anyway)

Oddly another crazy thing would be that it strangely disappears. One minute its there, and the other other its not! Its got a mind of its own. It purposely rolls away from you.. drops to the ground and rolls again. Positive to finally sit in a place that is hard to reach.

If this is not possible, then the pen does something even more irritating. It apparently sends messages to all its other body-parts to detach from the main body. One of them always does. Sometimes the pen cap, sometimes the bottom, or sometimes that other shiny cap that goes over the nib.

In extreme cases you'll find the refill missing.

-----------

Theres a really funny Jerry Seinfeld Stand-Up Video I wanted to post. But unfortunately, I can't seem to find it.

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS SO TRUE!
    i swear it..i never find my pens when i need them...
    and i just lost count of how many new pens i buy every other day!


    its pathetic...

    ReplyDelete

Opinions