December 29, 2007

Parties :D

Its the final days of December now, with 2007 coming to a close. The year-end means one thing: PARTY TIME!! :D

Now, not that I'm a party animal. Heck I'm anything but that. I avoid uncomfortable social situations. Actually, for me almost every social situation is uncomfortable. [="Chandler"]

This time of the year, people are invited to almost every man-made function available. Everything is held NOW!! The Christianings, Weddings, Baptisms, just plain stupid partys and even funerals.
Well, no actually not funerals. But everything else. Me and my pack got invited to the above. Thats why my Mom's in some other part of India right now. Dad will be leaving as soon as Mom gets back. I think..
I'm stuck because of stupid stupid classes. Stupid stupid classes. Stupid stupid classes. Get it?

Anyway, to the point- I found myself (and the mom) at a wedding recently. We were only invited because the bride was one of my Mom's students. So, we had no idea what to do there to pass time. Sitting in a corner, virtually ignored by all the waiters, and everyone else. Nobody knew us at all. We sat, looking around every now and then. The party was actually very lively. It was also very well decorated. Good food too. Just the crowd was underestimated. There was shortage of chairs, and I knew there would be shortage of food too.

The very purpose 80% of people attend weddings is for the food. The chicken this, the mutton that etc etc. I usually wait for sometime after dinner is announced and the grace before meals. I was gonna wait this time too.

But.

The same sentence rang through my head: "Nobody knows us" "Nobody knows us" and then.. it grew louder.. and made more sense.. "Nobody Knows Us" and then it hit me- "Nobody knows us!!! Use it to your advantage!!!!" So I strutted right across the dance floor, disturbing everyone. Got to the food counters, stuffed my plate up with everything possible. And then slowly walked right across the middle of the dance floor again.. this time much slower so that everyone had to stop dancing, and wait for me to pass.

Then I reached my table and gobled everything up.

And then we met the bride and left.

Thats all. ^_^

EDIT: Just got word theres another wedding tommorow. Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions