June 03, 2009

Choices all Spoilt

The day I walk in to a supermarket to buy a can of cheese, and see 100 different cans of cheese, different flavours, different sizes, different shapes, different colours, I'll run out screaming or more probably just buy a Dairy Milk chocolate bar (which are, thankfully, still in production) and act like nothing ever happened.

Whatever happened to those original packets of foodstuffs? The only Lays chips that I liked were the very first ones, with no sub-title. Just that memorable tag line, "You can't eat just one." If I go to a store today, chances are that version of Lays doesn't exist anymore. Instead its replaced with all sorts of flavours- 'American', 'Tomato', 'Spicy Tango' and a whole bunch more, more noticeably a horrible 'Chaat' flavour.

7UP recently joined the bandwagon with a disastrous 'Nimbooz' drink, supposedly lime juice. I for one, hate it.
Hate it not because it tastes like Cow piss, not because the shop owner looks at me in great surprise, when I ask for the "Original 7UP drink", but because I have to make a choice, and that too a stupid one.

Which gets me to my real point - I don't like making choices. I can make decisions when it matters, but don't ask me if I prefer Appy Fizz or Grappy Fizz. The answer will usually be the original - Appy.

What made me think of this was when playing the video game Spider-man: Web Of Shadows. That game has 4 different endings, based on the choices you make through out the game. I like to play games completely- to the fullest. Games like GTA: Vice City Assassins Creed - I've left no stone unturned, finished the game 100%. But when it comes to games with choices, I just have to play the whole game more than once.. In the case of Fallout 3, which is said to have 500 different endings, I don't know what I'll do. Just take the best choice and just not play the game? Yes! Buy a C instead of cheese? Yes!

But then, I just don't see it stopping anytime soon. As long the big companies are greedy for money, they'll just keep rolling out new flavours. I won't be surprised, if 500 years down the line, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans is a reality.

7 comments:

  1. At least you still get the old version of 7-UP. Here we have no choice but to go for dew cause the canteens don't stock "Old Stuff" that "they know" no one will buy...

    -___-

    I need sympathies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find the old 7up. Its all Nimbooz here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nimbooz is gay :P
    My chances of drinking one would be better if I hadnt seen the retarded ad. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dylan!

    It's been a VERY long time:) How are you?

    Anyhoo, I changed my blog URL from insanitystruck.blogspot.com to fantasizewithme.blogspot.com...

    Tc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy I'm sooo sorry- my id was hacked, so my URL is still the same...nice to see you anyway:)

    So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once they made another version of Frooty which was made of raw mango juice instead of the ripe ones.Thank God they seem to have done away with that.The original Frooty tastes yummier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How'd you like your next moment? Same old, fresh, or extra spicy?

    ReplyDelete

Opinions